The Stella Schools Program returns!
Stella returns to school this year, following the incredibly successful launch of the Stella Schools Program (SPSP) in Victoria in 2014.
Since the launch, we’ve been thrilled at the level of interest in the program, and the number of teachers using it to kickstart change in their schools.
To that end, the Stella Schools Program is working even harder in 2015. We hope to inspire and initiate further progress towards a future where young readers and writers aren’t limited by their gender.
- On Tuesday 17 March, the SPSP partners with VCAA and VATE to present a panel on Selecting Texts for the English Classroom. Facilitated by Bec Kavanagh, this panel includes author Cate Kennedy, academic Dr Larissa McLean-Davies, and teacher Louise Burke. For bookings, contact Sean Box, VCAA Curriculum Manager, English: firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 9032 1691.
- We are also excited that this year Bec Kavanagh, who developed the schools program and education kit, will be on board as the Stella Schools Program coordinator. As a part of her role, Bec will offer free professional development sessions to teaching staff at schools. These sessions will introduce and expand on the ideas and activities encompassed in the education kit, and suggest ways to incorporate them into the classroom. Find out more about SPSP Professional Development here.
- Some of the fabulous SPSP speakers now available to visit Victorian schools include Clare Wright, Carrie Tiffany, Fiona Wood, Alice Pung, Cate Kennedy, Amy Espeseth, Tony Birch, Kirsty Murray, Louise Swinn, Myke Bartlett and Jacinta Halloran. Book a 2015 school visit now through Booked Out: bookedout.com.au
- The SPSP also offers a limited number of free speaker visits for Victorian schools with low socio-economic status. To register your school’s interest, email: email@example.com
- 2015 will also see the Stella Schools Program roll out into NSW! We can’t wait to launch in Sydney later this year, and would love to hear from Sydney-based teachers and schools who are interested in being involved. View a sample speaker session outline here.
For any SPSP-related queries, or to request a copy of the Stella Schools Program Education Resource Kit, please don’t hesitate to contact Bec Kavanagh via firstname.lastname@example.org